Our core activity is to offer support to vessels calling at Malta both when they come into port as well as when they stop outside harbour. Malta’s geographic location is ideal for vessels to stop off Malta while transiting the Mediterranean. Our focus is on the quickest possible turnaround of the vessel at the most cost effective manner.
Our well-trained team is able to offer a 24/7 service all year round.
The support services that greenwaveshipping.mt offers can be classified under the following headings:
- Liner Shipping Agency – this is our strongest point of our activity. Through the in-house knowledge on the local trade and the familiarity with loadings / discharging conditions, equipment control and marketing knowledge, we can support the shipping line to participate profitably in the local trade. As the general agents for Evergreen Line which offers a round the world service, we are in a position to offer to the local clients shipping services for any region in the world.
- The geographic strategic location of Malta makes it a natural transhipment hub which, in the case of containers, is provided for by Malta Freeport Terminals. Greenwaveshipping.mt offers the main liners both the terminal operations and the on carriage feeder services. Evergreen Line makes use of our transhipment facilities from time to time.
- Handling of air-freight cargo worldwide is also one of our specialities and we offer such service including warehousing, customs clearance and deliveries to vessels both to vessels in port and outside the harbour.
- On request we can arrange for the Renewal of Medical chest and our private GP will go on-board to issue the required certificates. With regards to the renewal of the Sanitation Certificate, we arrange an appointment with the local Port Health inspectors to carry out the inspection on-board.
- Water Analysis can be carried out at the Laboratory for the total bacterial count, coliform count and Faecal Streptococcal count amongst other tests.
- Cash advance to master is a service which we provide to the owners and that can be arranged through our commercial local banks with sufficient notice in advance.
- Conveyance boats are available in different capacities and depending on the service required, such as crew changes and delivery of provisions or parts. Some boats are also equipped with tanks to deliver fresh water outside port limits.
- Lay by berths can be made available both at Marsaxlokk and Valletta ports, depending on the owner’s request and availability at the time.
- Crew changes including embarkation/disembarkation within offshore and ports limits, transportation of personnel and clearance of their passports are features of our support service. We also give support to class surveyors, technicians to embark/disembark as requested.
- We can assist the owner/ship’s command by recommending an experienced ship chandler, who can offer competitive prices and professional service on a 24/7 basis all year round.
- We offer the service of supplying fresh water, either alongside the port using road transport or outside ports limits by barge.
- The service of Sludge, Bilge and garbage removal is also offered during port stay with 24-hour notice by road transport.
- We can also offer a range of underwater services namely, hull cleaning, propeller polish and digital CCTV inspections.